Play Therapy and Court
Date: 10/12/2020 12:00 p.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern Time
Presenter: Shannon Knight, LCSW, RPT-S, ACAS and Whitney Eaton, LCSW, RPT-S
This training is meant for aspiring play therapists or therapists in general who have been involved in a court process: subpoenaed records or subpoenaed to testify in court. Play Therapy & Court will cover essential resources for therapists involved in court as well as play therapy techniques for treating clients and their families involved in high conflict divorce or custody cases, criminal cases, or probation cases.
- Participants will be able to identify their role as well as learn to explain their role to other professionals involved in court cases.
- Therapists will learn how to set firm boundaries to protect their clients.
- Participants will learn the definition of parental alienation and how to identify it.
- Participants will learn how to document their play therapy sessions as well as consults in their court-involved cases.
- Therapists will learn how to remain neutral.
- Participants will learn play therapy techniques to utilize with their court-involved cases.
This training will take place via Zoom. Space is Limited!
You will need to have access to paper, crayons/markers, and craft materials.
12:00 – 1:30 p.m. -Resources for court-involved cases.
Knowing your role
1:30 — 3 p.m. -Records and testimony
3:00 — 4 p.m. -Experiential play therapy activities for court-involved cases
Play Therapy & Court
Participants will earn 4 CEU’s from Playful Healing & Counseling through the State of Indiana (LCSW, LSW. LMHC, LMHC-A, LMFT) and the Association of Play Therapy. The email and shipping address you use to register is where your certificate will be sent. The exact method for distributing certificates varies based on the training. You will be advised about this by the presenter for your course.
If you need to cancel your reservation, please contact our office.