Play Therapy with Children, Adolescents, and Adults: Building Foundations in the Sand
Presenters: Shannon Knight, LCSW, RPT-S, ACAS & Whitney Eaton, LCSW, RPT-S
This training is meant for aspiring play therapists who, or are wanting to, include the use of sandtray therapy in their practice. Building Foundations in the Sand will cover the differences between sandplay and sandtray therapy as well as materials needed for set up a space for this type of therapy. Participants will learn practical sandtray skills and how to process client’s sandtray work with them. Therapists who attend this training will learn how to provide safety for their clients in the sand and how to explain this work to clients and their parents if applicable.
- Participants will be able to explain sandtray therapy and its benefits to clients and their parents.
- Participants will be able to set up a space in a way that is conducive to providing sandtray therapy.
- Participants will become aware of the differences of sandplay and sandtray therapy as well as their differing certification processes.
- Participants will demonstrate practical sandtray therapy skills.
- Participants will be able to process their own work as well as their clients’ work with them.
- Participants will learn how to provide safety in the sandtray.
- Participants will participate in experiential individual and group sandtrays.
This training will take place via Zoom due to COVID-19. Space is limited!
Due to the nature of this training, you will need to provide your own sandtray and miniatures. Please bring miniatures that are important for you own process.
8:00-9:30 a.m. Introduction to sandtray as a medium
9:30-11:00 a.m. Individual sandtray and processing
11:00-12:00 p.m. Discussion and questions regarding individual trays
12:00-1:00 p.m. Lunch on your own
1:00-2:30 p.m. Sandtray directives and providing safety
2:30-3:30 p.m. Group sandtray and processing
3:30-4:00 p.m. Explaining sandtray to your clients
Building Foundations in Sand
Participants will earn 7 CEU’s from Playful Healing & Counseling through the State of Indiana (LCSW, LSW. LMHC, LMHC-A, LMFT) and the Association of Play Therapy. The email and shipping address you use to register is where your certificate will be sent. The exact method for distributing certificates varies based on the training. You will be advised about this by the presenter for your course.
If you have questions about cancelling your registration, please contact our office for more information on refund information.